We’ve had reports of teens in the neighborhood going into unlocked cars and open garages.
If you see any activity like this please call 911 to report.
‘To protect yourself please make sure your vehicles are locked and there are no valuables (wallet, keys, purse, etc.) visible. Take them inside when possible. Do not leave items of value in your truck bed if you cannot secure them. And keep your garage doors closed if you are not actively in there.
Again, if you see anything suspicious please report it.
With the recent incident of a bear and cub walking through yards the other night, Premier Management has asked us to post a page about the wildlife you may encounter in the area and how to handle them. Please see our Wildlife Encounters page.
- The closure of the pools and the pool area/club house for February has been extended indefinitely. Work was being done on the kiddie pool and extensive damage to the decking around it was discovered. The work on this area requires the area to be clear so we can’t open the other pools and just cordon off the kiddie pool. At some point after the decking is broken up, we should be able to get the 2 adult pools open to everyone as the work continues on the kiddie pool. We will get them open as soon as we can.
- Volunteers are needed for Thursday, March 5th, to assist with traffic direction. The entry side to Weston Hills will be closed for several hours due to two trees being taken down along the Weston Hills Blvd between the gates and Brook Hollow Rd. All traffic will need to come in and out of the exit gate starting at 9 AM and volunteers are needed to help traffic flow. If you do not need to go out that day we advise residents to just avoid the area. Also, if you have vendors or deliveries if you can reschedule them for that day that would help the traffic. If you can help us please email WestonHillsHOA@gmail.com or call 609-705-5733.
We thank our residents for their patience and understanding in this matter.
Here is information for everyone:
- The pool / club house areas are now closed until further notice. Volunteers have secured all items there. We will reopen it as soon as weather conditions clear after the hurricane passes.
- Please remember to remove all items from your yards and porches that can be blown about by the wind. This includes your trash & recycling bins. Place them in your garage to prevent them from becoming projectiles from wind gusts.
Thank you and please stay safe in the storm.
Tropical Storm Dorian is headed towards us and is projected to gain strength, possibly as high as a category 3 storm. While it is too far out to project where in Florida it will hit, we will most likely be affected by storms and wind.
You can check the current projected path at NOAA’s National Hurricane Center page HERE. On the current course we may get hit on the coast around Monday morning, but these storms can be very unpredictable so check the NHC page periodically, watch the local news casts, or the Weather Channel broadcasts to get the latest path information.
For those of you new to Florida you can check out our Storm Preparedness packet on our web site HERE.
We will send out updates here, on NextDoor.com, and through the E-Loop when we have more information to give out.
Everyone please stay safe!
Please be vigilant!
There was bear activity in our community last night. A resident’s garbage can was destroyed by a bear in the early A.M. hours; the bear attacked it to get at the garbage inside. The bear was caught on the resident’s video camera.
- Please keep your trash & recycling cans inside your garage
- Do not confront a bear if you see it
This happened at a home on the perimeter of the development next to the wooded area, but if the bear is in the community it could explore further in if attracted by garbage you have put in your trash can.
If you need to replace your trash or recycling can due to a hungry bear, or a different reason, please see our Trash/Recycling page for the phone number to call for a replacement.
To our residents:
There has been a change in the pool closure schedule.
The pools will be open tomorrow through Sunday [Apr 29]. But starting Monday [Apr 30], they will be closed until Thursday morning [May 3rd] . Cement work is happening at the entrance area and several days are needed for it to set and dry properly.
NOTE: This includes the club house, as well.
While it is open this weekend, please watch your step as boards have been set out to cover dirt areas that will getting cemented on Monday.
We would like to remind residents to please keep your vehicles locked. And do not leave valuables in view. Valuables should be taken with you inside or locked in your truck. This includes spare change, too.
With the recent bear sightings, this web page has useful information.
Living With Bears