Extremely cold weather is headed our way for the weekend. Temperatures will be in the 20’s and 30’s. Here are some quick tips:
- Bring in vulnerable plants (orchids, plumerias, etc.) or cover them with a blankets and sheets. Do not use plastic sheeting. Leave them covered until Monday.
- Pets should not be left outside. Please keep them inside your house or garage during this time.
- Turn off your sprinklers. Running them during the cold will cause ice to form on your grass; it’s pretty but it will damage your lawn.
- Leave your pool pump running to prevent the pipes freezing
- Covering exposed water lines and faucets will prevent freezing. You can also leave outdoor faucets on a small trickle to prevent freezing
- Do not pour hot water on your car windshield to melt ice! You can crack your windshield this way. Use an ice scraper and/or spray water from a hose until it melts enough away that your wipers will remove the rest.
Please stay safe this weekend and Happy Holidays to all our residents!